Making sugar paste ballet shoes is a great way to add a special touch to an edible cake or treat. The shoes look realistic and can be used as decorations for any occasion.
Sugar paste is a type of edible modeling clay made from sugar, water, and corn syrup. It can be tinted with food coloring to create any color desired. To make sugar paste ballet shoes, you will need:
- Sugar paste
- Food coloring
- A rolling pin
- A knife
- An oven-safe tray
- Ribbon (optional)
- Create the sole of the shoe by rolling out the sugar paste on an oven-safe tray. Cut out the shape of the sole with a knife and then set aside.
- Create the upper part of the shoe by rolling out the sugar paste again on an oven-safe tray. Cut out two pieces for each shoe, making sure that they are slightly larger than the sole pieces.
- Using food coloring, tint two small pieces of sugar paste for each shoe. These will be used as accents for the upper part of each shoe.
- Attach one piece of accent to each upper part piece with a tiny bit of water.
- Attach each upper part piece to each sole piece with a tiny bit of water.
<6>. Optionally, use ribbon to tie around the ankle area.?<6>.
<7>. Bake at 350°F (175°C) until hardened (approximately 10 minutes). ?<7>.
Once cooled, your beautiful ballet shoes are ready to decorate your cake or treat!
p >< p >Making sugar paste ballet shoes is easy and fun! With some basic supplies and a little bit of time, you can create realistic looking shoes that are perfect for any occasion. p >
Making sugar paste ballet shoes is an easy and fun way to add a special touch to an edible cake or treat. All you need is some basic supplies like sugar paste, food coloring, rolling pin, knife, oven-safe tray and ribbon (optional).
By following simple instructions such as cutting out shapes for soles and uppers before attaching them together with water or ribbon – you can create realistic looking ballet shoes that are perfect for any occasion! p >